Drugaid Cymru provides a wide range of training, education and awareness raising to professionals who may come into contact with those who use drugs or alcohol. We also conduct general awareness sessions covering of the effects of substances to the public and provide targeted training and information to help support individuals, family members and communities that have been affected by substance use .
We have a reputation for delivering high quality training, all of which is regularly reviewed by our experienced team of trainers, to make sure they remain up to date, accurate and interesting.
We provide off-the-shelf packages as we as bespoke training courses which meet the needs of individuals and organisations alike.
Some of the off-the-shelf packages we provide include:
- Basic Substance Misuse Information
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Boundaries and Code of Conduct
- Brief Interventions
- Drug specific i.e Cannabis, Stimulants, etc
- Emergency First Response (First Aid)
- Harm Reduction
- ITEP: International Treatment Effectiveness Project
- Lifecoaching Skills
- Motivational Interviewing
- Overdose awareness
- Promoting Recovery
- Reflective Practice
- Relapse Prevention
- Steroids and Image Enhancing Drugs
- Substance Misuse and Domestic Abuse
- Substance misuse and the Workplace
- Train the trainer
- Weird Science / New Psychoactive Substances (aka ‘legal highs’)
- Working with Groups
- Working with Young People
Our training is mapped to relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS), with many course accredited and certificated by Agored Cymru .
For more information on what we can provide, please contact the training team via email email@example.com or call our head office on 01633 811950.