Barod provides a wide range of training, education and awareness raising to anyone who works with or is affected by the issues surrounding substance use and misuse.
We have a reputation for delivering high quality training, all of which is regularly reviewed by our experienced learning and development team, to make sure they remain up to date, accurate and interesting.
All Barod training is delivered by experienced and trained staff, who have completed an assessment for competency in training and who are supported by the learning and development team to produce the highest quality of training.
Below is a list of just some of the training courses we can provide for your organisation or group. We also specialise in developing bespoke training surrounding substance misuse, to fit in with the needs of the trainees, and can adapt one of the training courses below or develop a training course specifically for you.
For more information on what we can provide for you, please contact the training team via email email@example.com or call us on 01633 811950, choosing option 2 for Barod.
- Alcohol Awareness
- Alcohol Awareness in the workplace
- Alcohol and young people
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Brief Interventions
- Boundaries and Code of Conduct
- Cannabis Awareness
- Care Planning Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Communication Skills
- Crisis Calls
- Customer Service
- Delivering Substance misuse workshops (Train the Trainer)
- Dependance, Addiction and Recovery
- Domestic abuse and Substance Misuse
- Dual Diagnosis (Substance Misuse and Mental Health)
- Emergency First Response (First Aid) (1 day)(Certificated)
- Engagement, Assessment and Retention
- Equality and Diversity
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Group Facilitation
- Harm reduction
- Information Governance
- Managing and Developing Volunteers
- Motivational Interviewing
- Overdose Awareness and Prevention
- Psycho-social Interventions
- Needle Exchange and Safer Injecting
- New Psychoactive Substances
- Reflective Practice
- Relapse Prevention
- Routes to recovery (Mind Mapping / ITEP)
- Screening for Substance Use
- Service User Involvement and Co-production
- Sexual Health and Substance Misuse
- Steroids and Image enhancing drugs
- Stimulant Awareness
- Substance Misuse awareness
- Substance Misuse awareness for parents / foster carers
- Substance misuse and domestic abuse
- Supervision and Appraisal
- Talking to Young People about Substances
- Time Management
- Train the Trainer (Agored Cymru Accredited)
- Working with Parents who use substances
- Working with Young People around Substances
Have a particular training need but can’t see the training that you’re looking for? Don’t forget that we can design a training course to suit your needs. Contact the training team for more information.
What does it cost?
Cost of in-house training is for a maximum of 16 participants and includes participant packs and follow up support. The costs quoted below do not include venue hire, refreshments or lunch so these elements, if required, must be organised separately.
Cost per course
Statutory and Private organisations
Cost per course
Voluntary / Charity
|¼ day (4 hours)||£350||£315|
Block booking discount
We offer a discount for multiple bookings – please note that courses must be booked at the same time to qualify for the discount
2 courses = 5% discount
3 courses = 10% discount
4 courses = 15% discount
5 courses or more = 20% discount
Bespoke / tailor made training may incur additional costs, dependant on time taken to design courses and to cover any additional staff and resources required. We will always keep any additional costs to a minimum and will discuss them with you beforehand.
Trainer expenses may also be applicable, should there be a need for overnight stay / extensive travel for trainer. Please contact the Learning and Development Team for more information.
Barod is an approved and recognised Agored Cymru accreditation provider. We have a number of accredited courses running, with more being developed. Agored Cymru /OCN are a nationally recognised accreditation provider and part of being an accredited centre with them ensures that we continue to provide the highest standard and quality of training and accreditations, using a robust quality assurance system that is regulated by Agored Cymru and ultimately, the National Open College Network. For more information on Agored Cymru/OCN qualifications, please visit their website www.agored.org.uk
Where courses can be accredited, there will be a charge of £20 per person that registers for the accreditation. This covers registration, certification and administration costs and can not be discounted for block bookings, etc.